|8:00 – 9:00 A.M.
|9:00 – 9:15 A.M.
||Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Tim Frost | Publisher | National Speedway Directory
- What is the state of the industry? How may tracks are operating? Are series expanding?Facilities – current vs. historical – a comparison.
|9:15 – 10:00 A.M.
||Session I – Facility Operations
- John Lopes | President | Andretti Sports Marketing
- Joe Mattioli| Director| Group 341 – Pocono Raceway
- Jason Rittenberry | CEO | Palm Beach Intl Raceway
- Christian Epp | Manager – The Americas | Tilke
- Permanent vs. temporary circuits – which is better? What is the biggest challenge in operating a multi-purpose venue? How do successful tracks make money - professional or amateur events?
|10:00 – 10:45 A.M.
||Session II – Electronic Event Marketing
- Brian Ghidinelli | Founder | MotorsportReg.com
- Mark Murrell | Director | Mark Interactive
- Richie Lewis | Director | Lucas Late Model Dirt Series
- Does anyone use print? Daily deal sites for event promotions – how does it work? In-house or outsource – do we have the expertise?
|10:45 – 11:00 A.M.
|11:00 – 11:45 A.M.
||Session III – Finance and Legal
- Stoke Caldwell |Partner | Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson
- Matthew Efird | Associate | Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson
- David Pijot | Senior Vice President | Suntrust Bank
- Is anyone making or lending money? Spectators staying home, sanction fees up, real estate prices down – now what? Spectator and participant liability – do waivers work?
|11:45 – 12:30 P.M.
||Session IV – Special and Non-Traditional Events
- Keith Dalton | Director |Skip Barber Racing School
- Russ Deane | Partner |Trainum, Snowden, & Deane
- Miriam Macmillam | Vice President | SCTA – Bonneville Salt Flats
- Bill Scott | Executive Vice President | Petty Holdings
- Solomon Rosenthal | Media Coordinator | One Lap of America
- How do you manage it all? Many tracks, various events – what can go wrong? Is grassroots the answer?
|12:30 – 1:30 P.M.
||Lunch – Insider Insights:
- Humpy Wheeler – President | The Wheeler Company
- From moonshine to explosions – what was the best? How should we handle short attention spans and politically correctness? Fill the grandstands – what would you do?
|1:30 – 2:15 P.M.
||Session V – Sponsorship and Advertising
- Bill Doyle | Vice President |Performance Research Inc.
- Chris Lencheski | President | Front Row Marketing Services
- Terry Weber | Director | Group 341
- At the track or on the car – where are dollars flowing? Social media – can it be monetized? Tweets and posts faux pas – what is a sponsor to do?
|2:15 – 3:00 P.M.
||Session VI – Media and Broadcasting
- Derek Daly | President | Derek Daly Academy
- Ralph Sheheen | Owner | Turn 3 Media
- The landscape changes – are drivers the stars – do they receive the proper exposure? How do fans consume content - broadcast, cable, online, streaming, mobile, tablet?
|3:00 – 3:15 P.M.
|3:15 – 4:00 P.M.
||Session VII – Mobile App Development
- Gene Cottingham | Founder | GRand Solutions, LLC
- Ruthie Forbes | Founder | GRand Solutions, LLC
- Mark Lubischer | Developer | Race Monitor
- Mobile is here – we are not – what should we do? The basics: what does it cost, which platform, how long to develop?
|4:00 – 4:45 P.M.
||Session VIII – Venue Construction
- Bob Barnard | President | Motorsports Services International
- Steve Mumma | Manager | Geobrugg North America
- Marcus Flake | Senior Project Manager | Austin Commercial
- Brett Edmundson | Project Manager | Austin Commercial
- Finding the site – that was easy – what are the next steps? How do you pay for it?
- Safety for the fans and drivers – how to do it.